Monday, April 7, 2008

Ah... April in Texas

And the ragweed and pollen counts are as high as an elephant's eye. Both kids are suffering and I'm just trying to get them to wash their hands after they blow their noses. I would say something about sleeves, but it's 88 F here and they are wearing short sleeves.

On to knitting- DD got a pink bunny from Build-A-Bear and I made the cutest sweater for it. It's the sherbet colorway from RH Kid's Yarn. I like how it turned out so much that I may make a matching sweater for DD.

Since it is getting so hot out, I'm scaling back to small projects- socks to be exact. I've got tons of sock yarn and lots of great patterns. It's time I'm lacking. A few more hours in the day would be helpful. But, I still wouldn't get everything done.

And, I did survive the Hannah Montana concert. The earplugs helped. Billy Ray Cyrus came out between HM's and Miley's sets and sang 2 songs. Yep, he sang that classic "Achy-Breaky Heart." I didn't like it then, I still don't like it now. I do, however, like the duet he sings with Miley- "Ready, Set, Don't Go." Makes me cry every time. Shoulda brought tissues, too.

No comments: