Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What Are These People Thinking???

The big news around here is the news form New Jersey- a kid named (are you ready for this?) Adolph Hitler. His sister's name is Aryan Nation. What kind of people would give their children such heinous names? Yea, I know all about freedom of speech, so here's me taking advantage of it-

As a Jew, and therefore someone hated by these people, I am highly offended. It is tragic that someone idolizes such an evil man and his beliefs and feels they have to name their child in such a manner. How did they even get out of the hospital without someone noticing?? And what about school? They are just setting this kid up for tons of torment and then what? Another school shooting?

Anyway, it makes me appreciate the names of some of the kids I teach when I am substituting. I will never again bemoan the fact that some kid is named after the city he was conceived in, or some state or place or something just really goofy. And if my kiddos had been named for the places they were conceived, Midland (Texas) would be 13 and Doha (Qatar) would be 7!!

No comments: