Friday, January 1, 2010

I Survived December- Barely

And I managed not to have a rant this year! It must be the recession that kept everyone home or at least acting civilized. And, no, I did not brave any store on Black Friday.

So, to start the New Year off right, here are some things I am thankful for, and some things I hope to accomplish this year:

1. I am thankful that my whole family is healthy and has, so far, avoided any serious cold or flu. We did have Strep right before Christmas. Mine was the worst, and I needed a steroid shot to reduce the swelling in my throat. We all recovered and nobody was hospitalized.

2. My family is wonderful and loving and I appreciate my kids every time we go some place and there is some screaming kid ruining it for everybody else. They were never the screaming type, but I was also the mom who removed them if they couldn't behave, not just sit there oblivious to all the angry stares.

3. Despite everything I have said or thought in the past, I do have some truly awesome in-laws. MIL surprised me with not one, but two skeins of Quiviut from Alaska. At over $100 for a small skein, it was... it has left me speechless. She also found a wine glass that I had been looking for, too. It was one of those painted ones. I had been unsuccessfully searching for the Hannukah one and what do I get for Christmas from her? The Hannukah one!!

4. My mom seems to be healing, finally. She's had some trouble, but I think the New Year is already starting to look up for her. She will be 80 this year and is in surprisingly good health for someone her age.

5. Resolution- to try to work down both the fabric and yarn stashes before I but anything new. Or at least to check the stashes before I buy anything new!

6. Resolution- to try to loose some weight. Problem is, every time I loose it, it finds me again and brings along a few extra "friends" for laughs.

7. Resolution- to try to be a better mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, etc.

Gonna try to take it easy on the resolutions as I don't want to set myself up for too much failure. So, there it is. Happy New Year to all one of my readers!

1 comment:

Christie Minchew said...

May the force be with you on all of those resolutions! And may the stash decrease but never disappear:). (What fun would THAT be?!)