Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hanging in there

Well, we are in the home stretch to the start of school. Due to the incompetency of the TX legislature, we had a lovely extended summer this year. They all have nannies- I don't. And my usual baby sitter got her driver's licence and we haven't seen her since! But come Monday, the little darlings start back to school.

DS is starting Middle School- 6th grade. He has been threatened that I will find new ways to embarrass him if he so much thinks about acting up. I basically have a pair of ripped jeans- accidentally, not intentionally- and I threatened to wear them with "granny panties" in front of his friends. I'm not a small woman. I shop at Lane Bryant, so you can imagine how well that is going over.

DD starts Kindergarten. We figured out it was possibly cheaper in the long run to have them spaced out- hopefully DS will have graduated college when DD starts. Everyone thinks I am going to be a mess at the bus stop that first day. Yeah, right. I cried when DS got on the bus for the first time, then I went home and went back to bed. I was hugely pregnant with DD. It was wonderful to have the house to myself, quiet and no one running in the room every 5 minutes to "check on me," or ask for juice (big bro won't get off the computer long enough to help his sis!). So, I will be celebrating big time. If you stop by my house, I may serve you a mimosa!! Until then, I feel like my sanity is slowly slipping away.

No comments: