Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Knitting McGyver Badge- Level II



This is how I may have earned this badge. I was substituting at my fav HS. They had installed new A/C's that year, and nobody could make them work properly. If one zone was hot, another was freezing. Science was always hot. One of the science teachers asked if I had an extra barrette, so I loaned her mine, not realizing it was the only one in my bag. I did have a pair of bamboo knitting needles, though. A couple of quick twists later, my hair was up. And, yes I did walk around all day with a knitting needle stuck in my hair!! None of the kids said a word. I guess they were afraid that if I could put my hair up with one needle, then 2 needles would make me dangerous. On the down side- I couldn't knit on my break because I couldn't find the needle. Absent-minded professor- forgot the darn thing was in my hair!!!

And if you're wondering- I did cry at the bus stop as the bus was pulling away. I'm a big softy when it comes to my kids. Ask me tomorrow about our afternoon adventures in riding the bus as a Kindergartener. It's a long one, so I'll save it!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey! I got the box--and I'm sending it off again. Thanks so much for the awesome goodies!

--Jenn