Friday, July 11, 2008

All's Quiet, Sorta

My DS is visiting the grands in Illinois right now, and DD is taking a bath. The cat has disappeared and the dog is resting after his "circumcision." Yup, Sparticus had THE surgery and is no longer humping everything and everyone. It's quite nice, actually, because I don't have to explain to DD what the dog is doing to her toys that she has left lying around. Note to daughter: Pick up your toys so the dog doesn't chew on them!!

My knitting mojo has flown the coop. The knitting group I belonged to has had some petty in-fighting and I resigned in disgust. It was so bad that there were calls for audits of the books and people actually read the by-laws. Hmmm, guys, it's a knitting group. It's about the knitting not the petty jealousise and hang-ups of others. If I wanted to be involved in this much dissent, I'd actually attend PTA meetings.

So, what have I been doing? I have been recreating the Kit Kitteredge hat from the new American Girl (AG) movie for my DD. I had already made a rolled brim hat from Lily's Sugar and Cream's latest book, "More Girl Talk." I used the same pattern for the hat portion using Lion Brand's Cotton-Ease in Almond. All I have to do is crochet the hat band. For that I am using LB's C-E Lime. If you look closely at the movie pics or have been to the movie (Yup, DD and her AGD have been), the hat in the movie has a crocheted band. The hat at the AGD store- a ribbon. I also bought some flowery material to make her a dress similar to Kit's, with plans to make one for her AGD, too.

And as for the movie, if you are a crafty person, check out all those fab knitted and crocheted poeces in the Kit Kitteredge movie. To die for... I want to crochet that housecoat Mrs. K wears in a few scenes. And Kit has a beautiful lacy sweater that I would love to recreate for my DD. Guess I better get my knitting mojo back soon!!

No comments: