Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Little Admiration

There is a blog out in the blogosphere that is promoting turning off your air conditioner for the summer, or at least not turning the temp below 78 F. I've gotta admire all the people who can do this, but I am not one of them and here's why:

1. We live in Houston. It's already over 100 F and with an extremely high humidity.

2. I am peri-menopausal and prone to hot flashes.

3. Did I mention we live in hot, humid Houston???

But, both my husband and I drive hybrids- a Prius for me and a Saturn for him. We love our cars and thumbing our noses at all the H2 and H3 drivers here in Houston. But I cannot live without my AC. Now, if we ever move north to colder climates, I promise to try and be a greener person.

Did I mention we live in hot, humid Houston??

No comments: