Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm Melting, Melting...

We reached 100 F today, according to my car thermometer. And with the humidity, it's much higher. I feel like I'm melting every time I go out. I just want to lay on the cool tile floor and not move, but the puppy keeps jumping on me.

It's too hot to even think about knitting right now. Every project is stalled. It's taunting me from the living room table with it's yarny warmth. "Come on, knit me. You know you want to, even though it's a bazillion degrees out you want to feel the warmth of my wool running through your fingers and sitting in your lap..." And then it laughs maniacally.

The kids are as sluggish as I am, too. It's pathetic, really. Thankfully my kids are not normally couch potatoes, and neither one of them is overweight by any means, so I let them sit and do nothing.

OK, I'm working up a sweat and need to go take a shower. Keep cool...

No comments: