Monday, August 4, 2008

Hurricane Eduardo...

or is he still a tropical storm?? The good people of Houston are in a panic over him. My neighbor told me that people were buying gas by the large plastic container, and DH said several gas stations he passed on the way home were out of gas. Good thing I filled up on Friday. My little Prius is gassed and ready to head to Waco, if need be. 4 gallons for the trip is all it takes. And my mom will have a bed or three waiting for us. But what kind of knitting does one take if one decides to flee impending doom???

OK, I really don't scare easily. We waited out Rita, and she turned east. But I did have a plan. If I got up Friday morning and they were still predicting Houston to be hit by Rita, the kids and I would head to mom's. I wasn't about to get on the highway any earlier because they were parking lots, and it was hot. Same thing now. And Eddy may decide to calm down and remain a tropical storm. Lots of rain and nothing else.

So, what does one bring if one decides to flee? The dorm sock for the babysitter (one's already made). A pair of mittens and a hat for her, too. And, a bag of kitchen cotton to make 12 crocheted teacups for DD's birthday tea party in September. And then there's the booby sock on the needles... I've got tons of UFO's that I can throw in the car, but I have to remember to leave room for the kids' luggage this time!!!

No comments: