Friday, August 15, 2008

10 More Days

But who's counting?? Today started the official back-to-school frenzy in our house. DS and I went up to his Middle School and jumped through administrative hoops. We got his schedule, locker number and combo, PE clothes that I will rarely see and have to wear a hazmat suit to wash, books, supplies and everything else. School supplies from the school- $35. Keeping my sanity by not having to hunt down a yellow spiral- priceless. Last year, I could not find a yellow spiral to save my life. And, all the local office supply and discount stores had the lists from the neighboring schools, but did they have all the supplies on the list? (If you answered "No," you were right, and you've been school shopping)

So, DS and I got there early, and what do I do while we are waiting in the hall until the "official" start time? Crocheting. Yeah, Yeah, it says knit up there, but I am bicraftual. I've been crocheting longer than I have been knitting. I have set a semi-Herculean task for my self. I want to make 12 crocheted teacups with saucers and 12 furry boas for DD's upcoming birthday. Why? I have to regain my title as best party mom. It was taken away from me by DD's best friend's mom. She had costumes that the kids got to keep (not handmade, mind you). So, I am hoping to top that. I plan to fill the teacups with chocolate kisses or something sweet, too. Still planning this darn thing. But I think the girls will like the teacups. I've made knitted candies for DD before, and she loves them. She has an American Girl Doll that she has tea partied with and uses the candies. But DD appreciates my handmade stuff.

Anyway... 10 more days 'til school starts, 10 more days 'til school starts!! I've already got my first week planned and it includes a massage- bliss- and lots of naps, and maybe some alcohol.
There is a margarita calling my name

No comments: