Thursday, November 12, 2009

Countdown to the Holidays

It seems like my crafting-for-the-holidays list is getting longer. This happens every year. I find some great projects that I want to do and keep adding them to my list because the project would be great for __________. But, I have a plan, maybe.

I have made up project sheets for all the gifts I want to make. As each one is finished, cast off, etc., I check them off my list. I am also carrying a large tote with all my knitting projects in them. It goes everywhere with me- the bus stop, restaurants, doctor's offices (including the orthodontist) and anyplace else that I know I am going to have a long wait (Houston traffic). I need to make over 40 fishie washcloths and every time one is cast off, another is immediately cast on. Is it any wonder that I have the pattern memorized???

As for my sewing, when baby girl is in her sewing class, I have my sewing projects with me and work on them in a different classroom. I have cut out the pockets for the Brownie totes I want to make for my Brownie troop and I had enough fabric leftover to make tissue holders for all of them! I finished several crayon rolls and just need to sew the totes to go with those.

It may be coming together, but I may also be the one babysitting all the kids on Christmas Eve while the others go to Midnight Mass and finishing up my projects! Good thing I am Jewish and have no desire to go to church at midnight! Anybody know a good Chinese take-out in Springfield, Ill. that will be open on Christmas???

No comments: